Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Clearcase in Windows

This is a multiple platform SCC. It runs in Linux, Solaris, Windows, and probably other platforms, but those are the ones I use.

Everything is pretty intuitive except how to add an existing view in Windows.

Start->Programs->Rational S/W->Rational Clearcase->Administrator->Regional Sync

This will show you all the view in the vobs that are currently mounted on you machine. Choose the view you want and click "Import".

Now start Clearcase Explorer. Click View->Refresh View Shortcuts, and the new view should appear in Explorer. But they do not appear on you view drive, that you access through the standard Windows Explorer. To do this, you need to click on the icons for the new views in the Clearcase Explorer's View window. Then these views will be visible in your "view" drive.

Now you can use your favorite Windows IDE to development. Mine is VIM, but I needed to do this to use the QNX IDE to debug and gather runtime statistics on my target. There's also a Linux and Solaris version of the QNX IDE. The Solaris it dated so I didn't bother trying to use that one. The IT department don't trust hacks like me to have Linux machine on my desktop. Maybe they still remember the time I ran Nesus on the network.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?