Monday, February 12, 2007

 

Dave's Run and the 5 O'clock Shadow

Dave's Run at Mammoth had moguls as large as a '66 VW Bug. Alright, I just pull that year out of my ass, as I'm sure there were moguls as large as a '72 Bug as well. On that first day I ski it, it happen to be 5 O'clock and it was my last run for the day. My legs already burning from hopping around the fresh snow on the back side. Dave's Run well exposed to the wind and it was quite bare. At 5 O'clock on this particular day, the sun is at the perfect angle such that it generated almost no shadows on these gigantic bumps. The invisible bumps pushed my knees into my chest over and over again, and I was too tired to push back down to gain traction and control. It was like an old Chevy with broken shocks coming down a dirt service road after a rain storm with no breaks. I was one hell of a ride and one I wouldn't want to experience again. Almost as bad as the bus ride to Aspen when a buddy of mine barf in the beer cart just before Vegas.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?