Thursday, March 08, 2007

 

Auto Whole Seller

After searching around for an automatic Boxster with low miles, I found a whole seller in Fremont with a 2005 Boxster S. It cost more than I budgeted, but it was a good buy at dealer whole sell price. Plus it's still under warranty. It's got 276 hp as oppose to the 200 hp for the early 2K modle Boxster we tried. The throttle and steeling were less stiff too. It needs a new windshield, brake pads, tires, and alignment. He just faxed me the mechanic report that also includes his buy price(by mistake I assume). His profit didn't seem too high so I feel good about that. I still need to budget $1500 for the tires, brakes, alignment, and 30K service. The windshield is $1K at the dealer. The whole seller offer to bring it into the dealership for fix up a couple of minor issues under warranty, but I was advice by another dealer that it's better for me to bring it in. The reason is the Dealership will gave the retail customer better service than a whole sell dealer.

The whole seller also helps people bid on cars in the dealer auction for a fee. They typical fee around here is $500 for cars up to $25K and $750 for cars above. The whole sell Blue Book price is about 10% below private seller, but with less hassle. The auction house inspections all the cars first so you'll have all the reports. So mathematically, it makes sense to by at an auction if the price is of the car is over $5000. I'll keep this in mind for a niece who's looking for a 2000 Solara.

However, I been eying some modified Mits EVOs. I'm not sure leased car can be modified so these car probably have to go through private sells. It'll be a few years until I can save up enough money to get another car. But I'm banking on my wife ramping up her business after the girls are all full time in day care. My son is old enough to come home on his own. The Porsche was my investment in my wife to motivate her and I'm sure it's a good investment.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?