Sunday, May 27, 2007

 

Car Camera Mount

I got a used I/O Port camera mount from craigslist. I've seen the ads in my racing magazines and seem someone use it at the last autocross I attended. He seems happy with it.

The seller was an instructor in NASA. He mentions that Thunderhill is best for beginners and Sears Point is more technical. Laguna Seca sucks for the Miata because all the straights are uphill. Make me wonder why Mazda owns it and run Spec Miata races there. The price for open day at Thunderhill and Sears Point is $180. Laguna Seca was in the $200s. A coworker rides his bike there with a club and only pays $100, but had to buy a pack for 10 up front.

I install I/O port on my passenger side roll bar and tested with Powershot. I was able to see the panel, wheel, throttle and brake pedals, shifter when it's in 3rd, and most of the windshield.

The I/O Port also comes with an extra strap because SCCA requires 2 secure attachments for the camera. I'm bit worry someone will steal this unit but I don't want to bother removing it each time.

Followup 10/23
I made a 3" bracket to raise the height for the Powershot camera. The camcorder already sits at the optimal height. The camcorder doesn't have steady shot(8+ years old), but the picture is still bearable. I'm guessing the anti-vibration for the I/O port camera mount has something to do with that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?