Friday, July 20, 2007

 

Got new sway bar and drove worse

I got a pair of FM sway bars. They felt really good on the recommended settings. However, I drove worse on the next autocross event. As I haven't been at an event for about a month, my tendency of driving too fast and the false confidence that my sway bars will help me turn faster really hurt my time. I eventually brought my time down, but I'm still running way too fast into the turns and not braking well.

10/23 Followup
I broke the rear sway bar bracket bolts on the passenger side. I had to take off the cat-back and drill out the bolts. The bolts seems like they're pressed in, but I coudn't tap them out. Even after drilling the bolts out, the back of the original bolts are still attached to the frame.

I had 3 track days without the rear sway bar and it was definitely interesting. Luckily, I'll have the sway bar back on for Infineon. I have the front FM sway bar set at the firmest settings. I'm going to reinstall the stock rear sway bar and test it out this weekend at autocross. I also got a set of Gearhead Garage adjustable endlinks. I have my son sit in the driver seat while I adjust the sway bars to have them neutral as possible. It's also near impossible to change the rear FM sway bar settings with the stock end links.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?