Friday, July 20, 2007

 

Long Skate Board

My friend made me a long board a couple of weeks back. It's got the softest wheels available and grips very well and handles rough surfaces very well. The front has got poly as springs and is very soft. That makes it very sensitive and hard to push a high speeds.

Coming down my company's garage, it feel very much like a snow board with better grip. Tail end slides are very predicable. I'm trying to learn how to pump the board for speed. My friend was able to get up to a fast running speed on my street, which is flat and a bit rough. My board is setup sort of like a slalom board with a very quick front trunk and slightly slower rear trunk. My daughters love it too. I'm trying to setup another one so they don't fight over it.

Followup on 10/17

I figured out how to pump instead of twisting the board. I was walking my daughter who was riding her tricycle. She decide to walk and I had to carry the tricycle and skate at the same time. I swung the tricycle with my leading arm. This got me going pretty quick. Once you learn the motion, it's just like pumping yourself while standing on a swing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?